Anyway, that's not the point of this. Life has changed quite a bit in the past 6 years. Abby has long since gone to her great reward (FAR too young, and the loss of Abby really changed my perspective on my photography both for myself and for my clients), and Fiona, the love of my life (okay, all the girls past, present, and future, are the loves of my life, but Fi is the first puppy I had as an adult, so she really is extra special to me), has lymphoma, and is living out her days being spoiled rotten, while still being my muse, my companion and confidante. At work, I am a full-time statistician, so I'm crazy busy with that, and I treasure the time I spend volunteering with Salt Lake County.
In short, life is busy, and while I'm generally good juggling things, there are long days at work where my brain starts to get a little frazzled.
I did a Leisure Consultation through the PEAK program at the U., and came to the realization that the best way to 'reboot' my brain is to take a break during long work days and take some photos. I bought an old D90 (the camera I was using back in 2015-2016), and that has been a bit of an adventure, too.
I've only been out a few times so far, and it's been really interesting; photographing pets is easy, finding my 'eye' for static stuff is a bit more of a challenge. So, I'm more excited than even I was a few weeks ago, as I'll get to stretch my view of things, and I've got a bunch of ideas of things that I want to try.
But to get started, here are a few photos from my first couple of walks. My thought looking at these is that I didn't really shoot with 'intention', and that's something I'm going to work on, as it will help me reboot my brain.
28 Jan 2020
29 Jan 2020
![]() |
| I won't lie; I didn't really want to find out where this stairwell goes! |
![]() |
| This actually turned out better than I thought it would |
![]() |
| Interestingly, I didn't really "see" the three trees to the left when took this photo. |
Okay, so this last photo wasn't taken at the U., but I needed a new header photo, an when I remembered that I had this old Kodak, I thought it would be cool. And it fits with one of my core fascinations with photography - the ability to travel back in time through photos.







No comments:
Post a Comment