Today I decided to play around with shutter-priority and aperture-priority settings.
The first thing I learned, if you're going to go for really fast shutter-speed, you'd better have a ton of light, or a large aperture setting. (I actually wonder if I can open the lens up enough on this camera to actually use the 1/4000 shutter speed.) However, it did make for some interesting effects - sort of like the old tv shows where they'd shoot in daylight with a dark filter to show it was really at night.
 |
| 1/4000, f/6.8, ISO 80, 28mm |
Yeah. I clearly needed to open the aperture and probably change the ISO for that one. But when I cropped to just the mountain and the sky, it was kinda cool, in an 'oops' sort of way.
 |
| Cropped version of above. |
However, as I slowed the shutter speed down a bit, I got more usable photos (in the shutter priority, it is adjusting the aperture for me, I think).
 |
| 1/1600, f/4.1, ISO 80, 90mm |
 |
| 1/1600, f/4.1, ISO 80, 90mm |
|
 |
| 1/1600, f/4.1, ISO 80, 90mm |
Not 'tack sharp' like I would like, but I don't know if that's a function of the camera or the operator. Also, in some of them, Abby is a bit dark.
Here's a random macro photo. I'm not sure if the disembodied foot creeps me out or is cool.
 |
| 1/800, f/3.7, ISO 80, 55mm |
Later in the day I decided to try some aperture priority photos of the girls napping.
 |
| 1/13, f/3, ISO 800, 24mm |
 |
| 1/2, f/7.6, ISO 800, 28mm |
I took several versions of the above photo, narrowing the aperture until the tv was out of focus. Abby is not as sharp as I would like, but that's why I'm doing this.
 |
| 1/3, f/3.1, ISO 800, 28mm |
I just like the last photo - it sort of captured the lazy afternoon I was having with the girls.
Did I learn anything? Yes. I've learned that there really IS a relationship between shutter speed, aperture and ISO, and I learned that I haven't figured out that relationship yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment