Sunday, December 29, 2013

Where 'Dog Face' Is Not an Insult

Just a few of my favorite photos from the long holiday weekend.

I liked this one so much I got it printed as an 8x10 and framed it (since prints and frames are so cheap, I think I may be printing and framing a fair amount of stuff, just because it makes me feel good to see how the shots come out in prints, and I've got a lot of blank wall space!).  This was just before the sun went behind the hill in the afternoon.  I love this warm light.

1/100, f/3, ISO 80, 24mm

The sun was down a bit further on this one - I lost the warm glow, but I like the picture.

1/160, f/3, ISO 80, 24mm

This next one I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  I love that there is no background.  I love the look on Fi's face.  I love how her snooter is so sharp and the rest of her face is still clear.

1/125, f/3.6, ISO 80, 50mm
Another with a white background (okay, we have snow on the ground, but I like that it isn't showing up - sadly I don't know how to create that on demand yet).  I get pictures like this all day long, and so while I like it, I like faces with character (like the one directly above) more.

1/125, f/4.2, ISO 80, 120mm

-Dr. Liz, who cannot get enough of the girls' faces

1 comment:

  1. Khyra is totes jelly of the incredible shots -

    I think she's on her way to PC for a shoot AND your snow!

    ReplyDelete