Monday, February 16, 2015

A Little of This, Some of That

I spent a little time in my studio today messing around with lighting to see if I could get a white background.  I ended up with a bit of an electric background.  I think moving the strobes lighting the background further to the side of the background might help (the strobes are as low-powered as I can get them).  The other possibility is to get the front light bright enough that it offsets the bright background.    More tweaking will be required, but this is a better result than with continuous lights. I think....  I was able to use Lightroom to tone down the neon light background (the tone curve is my new best friend!), but I'd like to have my SOOC (straight out of camera) shots look more like these....





Practice, practice, practice.  Luckily, I enjoy it!  *grin*

I also got a few frisbee shots late this afternoon.  Our snow has almost completely vanished, but that doesn't seem to have slowed down the frisbee-crazed ones...







And what does Abby have to say about our abnormal lack of snowfall (and abnormally warm weather)?


Pfffth.

No comments:

Post a Comment