On Friday I had the opportunity to photograph Goose, a 15 year-old Weimaraner, and his Mom, Michelle. BTW, 15 years old for a Weimaraner puts him way past being a 'senior' dog and moves him into the Methuselah category; while he's a little bumpy in spots and doesn't move as quickly as a young pup, Goose is very spry and alert for his age. And he's a total sweetie. He (apparently) doesn't really kiss anyone other than his Mom, but I was graced with a few smooches from Goose! I have 'known' Goose through the miracles of the internet for several years now, but never met up with him, despite his being fairly local. However, I have seen a lot of photos of Goose with his Mom, and Goose is a total Momma's Boy in the best possible way - his Mom is his whole life and he is hers. I knew going into the shoot that the two of them share a very special relationship, and I was really hoping I could do the relationship justice.
I am still sorting through the photos, but I am very confident in saying I was able to capture the very special relationship Goose and his Mom share.
Saturday was Goose's 15th birthday, so I (of course) brought along some party hats. Goose is vastly more tolerant of hats than Fi and Abby are - although I think Goose would probably do just about anything his Mom asked of him.
Do Goose and his Mom have a special relationship? You betcha. And I was lucky enough to witness it and capture it.
True love, and I am so thrilled I was able to capture these images.













Great shots! Yes, it was because of the relationship between Goose and his mom (we know them both in the furs) that our pawrent's hearts melted and me and Stanley came to live with them! So we are furever grateful for Goose!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
I love these so much! You truly captured so much emotion!!!
ReplyDeleteKZK, hijacking the girls' blog
Oh yes you have captured us beautifully. And we are so thrilled to meet you and have you capture us on film. Thank you Liz. Thank you is jot enough to express how we fill.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Goose