Fi and Abby have apparently befriended several of the moose in our neighborhood, as evidenced by the number of moose visits we've had this spring. However, when their last moose friend came over to play, Ms. Moose left the yard in a state of disrepair. I told Fi and Abby (quite sternly, I might add) that there would be No More moose playdates until either they or their moose friends could clean up before they left.
However, I noticed more branches down in the yard. clearly indicating more unauthorized moose visits. So, when Fi and Abby's friends came by the other day, I had to put my foot down (as I learned from Mean Mrs. Marshall, if you make a threat and don't back it up, you'll lose all credibility and any hope of having a sense of authority). Fi and Abby were grounded, stuck inside, while their moosie friends lounged in the yard.
![]() |
| Fine, lady. We'll just give you the moose stink-eye until you let us play with our friends that we can plainly hear barking inside. |
![]() |
| And we'll eat your new grass seedlings. Because we are like that. |
I hope Fi and Abby have learned their lesson!
Needless to say, Fi and Abby really haven't made friends with moose - or, at least, I don't think they have. But it is spring, and the moose seem to find our budding trees and bushes rather tasty, so I have to do a quick moose check before letting the girls out, as I'm never sure how much the moose really want to play. The moose certainly haven't retrieved any of the tennis balls we've thrown at them so far.... Maybe I'll see how they do with frisbees.... Heehee.
No mooses were hurt in the making of this post.


Yes, I think they want to play Frisbee with Fiona and Abs!!!
ReplyDeleteYours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher
Get out the moose alarms!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley