Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Little Experimentation

Lately I've had this vision about photos I want to try with some of the shelter animals.  (My father would say that when I have visions, I should probably get out of the sun, but that's neither here nor there. I think...)

Anyway, to see if it would have a chance of working, I thought I'd take some of the photos I've been working on - some for clients, some for myself, and see if I could put them in different settings.  (The backgrounds mostly came from sites where people share photos and allow commercial licensing for free.  Why?  I don't know.  But since I have used a few of them, I felt it was only fair to share some snow backgrounds I took.  Actually, the idea is sort of cool, although as you'll see, sometimes it's a bit difficult to get the two photos to blend well - although I think that has more to do with my lack of experience than the quality of the photos).

Kenna the Japanese Chin was Princess of the Pillows in her living room, but I thought it would be sort of fun to try her in some different settings:

Maybe not 100% realistic, but a change from her on the couch!

I actually really like how this one came out - I could do a little more blending work, but I think I managed an acceptable level of matching 'haze'.

This amazing front door is actually where Kenna was visiting this weekend; she just didn't ever actually stand in front of the door. I was so impressed with the door (and the little fireplaces) that I knew this would be a killer background.
Part of my vision with the shelter dogs involves 'crowns' of fake flowers (with dogs, they tend to get worn more like bonnets rather than crowns, but there you go...), and Fi and Abby were my guinea pigs (or crash test dummies)....

I could have done a better job photoshopping Fi's head, but I was getting lazy.

Not really the best dog position for the angle of the background, but I like the general feel. (Some the light rays were in the original photo, some I added.)

Here I was actually going for a little 'overcooked', so I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out.
I go out to the shelter on Tuesday, so we'll see if I can make my vision actually work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment