Every time I walk across the Legacy Bridge, I always think it would be a good spot to shoot light trails, with cars going both directions.
Interestingly, as I was walking to the bridge this morning I noticed how much light there was - street lights, lights from buildings, and lights on the bridge. Looking - and seeing - with intention is a nice feeling; it's the anticipation of trying something new and seeing how it goes.
While there are things I will do differently on future attempts, I'm really pleased with how my first attempts at light trails came out. It is a whole different sort of seeing than trying to catch a bouncy dog mid-bounce, and that's really cool!
![]() |
| Looking south; at this time of day, there are a lot more cars going toward the hospital than away from it. |
![]() |
| Still looking south. The red lights on the middle right side are the TRAX train. |
![]() |
| I really wanted to get some tail lights, so I started looking toward the hospital. |
![]() |
| The arc on the low left side is from the crossing guard for the TRAX train - and the red lights on the left side are the TRAX train itself. |
![]() |
| Soooo cool! |
![]() |
| Yep, these are pretty cool! I definitely want to try some new things next time, but I'm really pleased with my first attempt! |
It was really cold out there, so I could only stay for about 40 minutes, but I managed to just barely catch the first hints of the sun.







Very cool my love, ain't bad for a first try!
ReplyDelete