Saturday, August 22, 2020

Lumix LX10

So, I took the plunge and bought a compact camera.  Technically it is still listed as a 'point and shoot' camera, but it's a point and shoot camera like a pin hole camera is a point and shoot camera - that is, it's not really your father's point and shoot (to steal a line from Oldsmobile ads).  Other than (possibly) a remote trigger release (which I think it does have) and off-camera flash options (which I doubt it has, but the manual is intimidating) and not being able to change lenses, this camera has all the features (in my limited use so far) that the DSLRs have - all shooting options (manual, shutter priority, aperture priority, etc.), a huge range of focus points, and on and on.  Again, I think I've only barely scratched the surface of what the camera can do.

But, after a bit of shooting yesterday, I can safely say I'm wildly impressed, and very happy with the purchase.

I took it on yesterday's morning walk (which is one of the main reasons I wanted a compact camera).


"I'm a Good Dog! Trust me!"

She looks a little scary...
Mom! Make him get off his phone and start walking!

The black dot on the right is a balloon.

'' 

A tired puppy is a good puppy!

Office dog.


I think my co-worker is slacking!



Another post-walkie photo.

Clever girl likes to cool her belly on the tiles!

Feety-feets!


Lucy-Fur is many things, but subtle is not one of them.

My feedback from my first week of class for storytelling with photography was that I needed to think more like a wedding photographer, and remember that the bride isn't in every photo.  Okay.  So, this week's submission avoids the bride, bridesmaids, ring bearers, even the caterer:




It seems a little non-subtle to me, but we'll see what feedback I get this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment