No matter what kind of day I'm having, I always feel better when I go out to the Salt Lake County Animal Services shelter to photograph adoptable pets. It's a good environment, the staff and other volunteers are all enthusiastic and good to work with, and I like to think that I'm doing something to help adoptable animals find their furever homes. Lately at the shelter we've been doing 'studio' photos with a backdrop and lights and a variety of props. Here are a few photos from last week's visit to the shelter.
The goal, of course, is to get good quality photos of the animals for Petfinder and other websites, and that happens.
 |
| This is Opie, and the bandanna doesn't lie! |
 |
| Chicha is just a happy girl! |
 |
| Lady is a stunning gal! |
 |
| And Lacy has a great smile. |
 |
| Ryuu was a total goofball, and getting photos of him where he wasn't bouncing all over the place was a challenge, but that is always part of the fun! |
 |
| Midnight, as you'll see, was a total super model! |
 |
| Peppermint hadn't read the Husky manual that says she shouldn't obey commands! |
Once we get the glamour shots, then we have some fun. Usually this involves seeing if the photographees can catch treats. Some are better at it than others!
 |
| Chica was a treat-catching champ! |
 |
| Lady managed to let most of them bounce out of her mouth, but she caught a few! |
 |
| Lacy showed excellent enthusiasm for the treat-catching portion of her photo shoot! |
 |
| This is probably one of my favorite photos of the entire day! |
Little Midnight wasn't so interested in catching treats, but she was extremely tolerant of all the props in my basket of goodies!
 |
| "Give me treats you must". (She's wearing Yoda ears.) |
Not only are those photos fun, but they help potential adopters get a sense of personality of the various pets.
The shelter posts individual photos on their website, but on Facebook, I like to put together collages of some of the more fun photos - they are different and they get people's attention (which is the whole point), and it's entertaining.
 |
| Seriously, Ryuu was a goofball! |
 |
| Chica really is a happy gal! |
I really do enjoy the animal shelter photography (if you couldn't tell!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment