Molly is a basset hound, who, sadly, has an incurable cancer. Her family is enjoying the time they have with her and making sure that Molly is comfortable and happy. I had the opportunity to photography Molly a couple of weeks ago, and it was a really wonderful experience. The day before the photo shoot, I was told that Molly had been low energy and not eating much, so I was a little nervous that Molly might not be up for a big photo shoot. But when I met her, she was energetic and bouncy, and happy to meet me (smelling of other dogs and liver treats probably didn't hurt). Her family wanted a studio-style shoot, and Molly was fascinated with my bags of lightstands and lights (and dog treats). She was very cooperative for the hour and half that I took photos (she had the energy for it, and I was more than happy to oblige, as Molly's mother was ecstatic that Molly was so animated and engaged.
Today I went back to Molly's house to show her family the prints from the shoot. Molly had just been on a long walk, so she was tired, but she still got off her couch and gave me kisses and ate a few of my salmon treats before retiring to her couch. Her family was extremely pleased with the photos I presented, and I was very happy to be able to provide them with lasting memories.
Now that her family has seen the photos, I give you some of the photos from Molly's photoshoot.
 |
| Classic basset hound! |
 |
| Happy girl! |
 |
| This photo was a HUGE hit! |
While Molly will always be in her family's hearts, they will be able to treasure these photos of her for a lifetime, and I'm really happy that I was able to provide this service for them.
If you'd like to see the rest of the photos from the session, check out
the photo gallery on my photography website.
And yes, the presentation box was also very much appreciated!
And yes, it is a service. There is very little profit built into 'special sessions' for senior and terminally ill pets - I cover my hard costs, and I try to keep those low, as I wouldn't ever want money to be a barrier that prevents someone from getting photos of their pet before s/he crosses the Rainbow Bridge.
Oh Liz these are just beautiful. As beautiful as Molly. What a sweet soul.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! 🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️
ReplyDeleteEverything about this is beautiful. Especially Molly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful thing for her hoomans to have. Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley