Friday, March 13, 2015

Some of the Dogs of Doginhaus

The wonderful people at Doginhaus (our local doggie daycare) are helping me promote my photography business, and to give the staff a sense of my photography process, as well as to get them excited about my photography, I did a session for some of the staff and their pets earlier this week.

While the entire album is on my business website  here is a small sampling of the Dogs of Doginhaus.

First up was Stasha, a Bernadoodle - a poodle/Bernese Mountain dog mix.  Much smaller than the typical Bernese, she has doodle fluffiness, with the striking colors of the Bernese.  Absolutely gorgeous, and VERY well behaved.  She knew she was a supermodel!

Seriously, how cute is she?

She took to the whole modeling thing like a champ!

Seriously, supermodel material!
After the lovely Stasha, came Blu, so named for his eyes.  I have no idea what Blu's exact mix is, but with those ears, he looks like he has some pibble in him, and with those blue eyes, probably some Siberian Husky or something, and with his body and tail, he probably has some Lab in him, as well. Whatever mix he is, it all adds up to stunningly handsome!

Those eyes!  That is not a miracle of Photoshop - his eyes really are that striking!

"I can be serious, if you want to see that side of me."

"I can also look very interested.  Especially with those liver treats of yours!"
After the stunning Blu came the duo of Nigel and Cosmo.  Nigel is about twice the size of his brother Cosmo, and for the record, Nigel is a Treat Hog.  But a total sweetie, which makes it all okay!


And so handsome!
Getting Nigel and Cosmo to sit together was a bit of a challenge, as Nigel was seriously into the treats and as soon as he'd sit and I'd use the treat to get Cosmo's attention, Nigel would get up to go after the treat.  Much like photographing my own dogs!

I'll give you three guesses what Nigel is looking at!
Cosmo on his own was much more mellow (I was probably holding a treat off camera to keep Nigel occupied so I could photograph Cosmo!).


After Nigel and Cosmo, I thought I was ready for anything.  And then in came Ruger and Moose, and it was yet another level of entertainment!

Ruger is a slightly neurotic Vizsla (his mother's words), and Moose is a French bulldog.
Ruger reminded me so much of Fi and Abby's blog pal Dennis the Vizsla that more than once I accidentally called Ruger by the name Dennis.  Ruger didn't seem to care, as he was way more interested in my squeaky toy than whatever name I called him!

Dennis, erm, Ruger, is a Very Handsome Boy!

Vizslas are very regal dogs!
Moose, on the other hand, was about as non-neurotic as you could get.  I think he was too busy picking up deep space radio signals with his ears to be neurotic!


It was a very fun shoot, and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the staff's dogs in the near future!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful shot, of course.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GREAT! And I think I might have fallen in love with Moose. :) THAT FACE!!!!!!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great photos there! And of course that first girl is extra adorable!

    Your pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete