Sunday, August 1, 2021

Project 365 - Days 208-213

This last week has been a very long week; the division chief felt the need to press forward on an August 2nd deadline for a manuscript (given that I sent the analysis off on Friday, and hadn't heard anything about the rest of the manuscript being written - and didn't hear back from the chief - I don't think we're going to make that deadline, but when the Big Boss says "let's try to make this deadline" you don't argue, you just work.  And yes, I had been sending data updates throughout the week, but when the driving force of the project keeps changing his mind about basic things like what value is the 'above this value is just unrealistic for this measure' on many variables, it took multiple runs of the data to come up with a final data set.  *ahem*).   Anyway, I spent almost every waking hour of this last week working on this project, so some of the days are less inspired than other days.


Day 208 - Tuesday 27 July 2021

It had been so dry that I was amused to even see a few droplets of water on these leaves.

Random ear-flappage.

Day 209 - Wednesday 28 July 2021

This was a day where the photos were of the 'I'd better snap something' variety.

The slightest hint of rain.

Lucy-Fur not sure about the light misting of water in the air.

Day 210 - Thursday 29 July 2021

Just something from the morning walk.

This photo isn't terrible, but I need to actually calibrate my 35mm lens.  It's got some front-focusing going on, so I need to break out the calibration docking thingy and get it sorted out.

And a photo of Gary's band.


Day 211 - Friday 30 July 2021

Friday is my day to physically be in the office (I figured it would be quieter and the commute not so bad), so after spending the day in the office, not actually talking to anyone and just trying to get the previously mentioned Project From Hell done, I came home and thought I should probably try to get a photo.

I actually don't know why I am blurry - the girls' reflections in the glass aren't blurry, so I'm not sure why I am, but it was sort of fun.  And yes, this is how I dress for work. I throw on a blazer so I look moderately professional (although my Dalek brooch might take away from the true professionalism, but I'm a statistician - no one expects us to be fashion plates - and the Dalek brooch is a one-item personality test - people either recognize the Daleks immediately, give me their best "EXTERMINATE" impression, and I know we'll get along well, or they don't, and I reserve judgement), but since I rarely see people, I dress to be comfortable.




Day 212 - Saturday 31 July 2021

On Saturday, I got a few more photos at Health Pets, part of their quarterly social media shoot (since Heide is my guinea pig, her first set of photos is an iterative process - but she'll have a bunch of stuff for her website and Instagram feed, and I'll have a better sense of what I'm doing for some of the other small businesses who are potential clients).  I haven't finished her photos yet, but since she's leaving for 3 weeks, it was now or in a month.




Day 213 - Sunday 1 August 2021

How on earth are we into August already?!?  Seriously.  Other than the weather, I keep thinking it should be May....

We've actually had some rain the past few days (finally!), and to Daisy's dismay, much thunder (she's really not a fan, and I can't find a ThunderShirt in her size - they all seem to be sold out - so I'm resorting to a combination of Xanax and the Healthy Hemp CBP oil dog biscuits).  But we do need the water desperately, and it made for some interesting low-hanging clouds this morning.  (Although it was crazy humid.  I know North Carolina would be happy for 70% humidity this time of year, but we aren't equipped for this!)



 


And speaking of Daisy, here's a gratuitous Black Dog photo.



Anyway, that's been the week.  Stay tuned for more excitement!


No comments:

Post a Comment