Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Project 365 - Days 224 - 229

This is a week and a half that feels like it's been a month... I have gotten so far behind at this point, and I've  missed a day (last Friday) that I'm switching this to a different plan - A Photo a Day, Most Days.  I have a bunch of photos that I get on some days that I'd like to spend more time with, and I don't see the point of taking 'filler' photos on days just to get a photo.  We'll see how this goes, but I think this will make this fun again, and less of a 'one more thing I have to do today'.  If I had more time, I could really do this justice, but I don't, so I think the 'most days' will work for me.


As I said, this last week and a half feels like it lasted a month, so I'll try to get us caught up here.


Thursday, August 12th - Day 224

This was the Joe Bonamassa concert.  It was an amazing concert, at least half the audience were wearing masks (we were), and looking at the number of bands that are cancelling concerts because of the Delta variant, I think we were lucky to be able to see this show without it being cancelled.  I was really fascinated with the lighting and how to photograph the lighting.  These were all taken with my little pocket Nikon with a big (35x) zoom.  Lots of grain in the photos because I had to shoot with my ISO at 3200, but I was pleased with how these came out.  And I was amused with rotation of guitars that Joe had, complete with a roadie bringing the correct guitar out for each song!








Friday, August 13th - Day 225

Gary and his band played at a club up in Ogden Friday night.  It was a weird place; it has live music often enough that they have "a sound guy", and yet they also have a poster of John Belushi from Animal House, and advertised 24 oz cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer for $2.99.  So, a weird place.  But, it was a good place for Jake and Elwood to the get the band back together (to carry on the John Belushi theme... By the way, I finally understand the line in the Blues Brothers where Dan Ackroyd tells John Belushi that he traded their Cadillac for a microphone, and John Belushi replies, "I can see that".)

This was actually shot with one of my regular cameras and an 85mm lens - and ISO of 3200 again.  This is also a case where I have a bunch of photos but haven't had time to go through them all - and I'd rather work on those than take photos just to take photos to meet my daily quota.




Saturday, August 14th - Day 226

The day we had to evacuate because of the big plume of smoke in the sky that turned into the Parley's Canyon fire.  Luckily, Larry took us in, and we got to meet his puppy, Einstein.


Einstein was not overly impressed with Daisy's attempts to be a Big Dog.



Yep. He's just that cute!



One of my favorite photos of the kids!

Sunday, August 15th - Day 227

The bitey-face continued, but by Saturday, Lucy-Fur had decided that being nipped at by a wee cattle dog wasn't really her idea of a good time, and let Daisy go into the fray while she supervised.




Lucy preferred to hang out in the yard when the two crazies were inside.


Monday, August 16th - Day 228

And now for something completely different.  On Monday, a momma moose and her baby wandered into Larry's yard, and momma decided to go for a swim.  I had to dash downstairs to get my camera, so I only got Mom as she was swimming back, after discovering that the youngster didn't have her water wings with her, and couldn't swim.



Are there crazy dogs in there?



When not scoping out moose, Einstein discovered that the greatest way to get a literal jump on Daisy and Lucy-Fur was to wait at the top of the stairs when they came up from the bottom floor where we were staying.  Clever chap! And cute!

Just ask him!

Did I mention that Einstein was cute?


He's also a trouble maker.  He was quite fond of making a running leap and attempting to get in Gary's lap and steal whatever is in the bowl.


Sneaky little fluffball!

I was trying to save the girls from the wee puppy monster.

I won't lie; I'm quite jealous of all the natural lighting Larry has in his living area.

Tuesday, August 17th - Day 229

By this point, we were all getting a little restless, and anxious as there was 'red flag warning' in effect - they were expecting strong winds, but also rain.  Luckily, the winds weren't too far ahead of the rain, and we were able to go back to the house at 8pm on Tuesday.  We elected to leave early the next morning.

So, I photographed some of the ducks in the pond behind Larry's house.

And because I'm still a week behind, and I'd like to get this post done, I'll just give you one photo of the ducks.


And a photo from our smoky walk that morning in Larry's neighborhood.


Those specks in the sky are hot air balloons.

Stay tuned for more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment