Still catching up here...
Day 230 - Wednesday August 18th
Our first day back in the neighborhood after the fire, and we enjoyed walking in the rain. (Add your own 'walking/singing/dancing in the rain soundtrack...)
![]() |
| Very nice to have rain clouds rather than smoke! |
![]() |
| Wet dogs! |
![]() |
| This is in my emergency back-up office, and since it's a small room, when you add a dog bed, it gets a little cluttered! |
Day 231 - Thursday August 19th
During the walk on Thursday (last Thursday) we contemplated the various spray painted marks left by the Sheriff/Fire Department during the evacuation.
![]() |
| This reads "All clear x2" on a street with 2 houses. |
![]() |
| This reads '2 Ref'. We had heard that there were a few people who refused to evacuate (don't ask me why) and we think this was marking a house with refuseniks. |
Friday August 20th
If I took any photos on Friday I can't find them. (I honestly can't remember if I did or not; it was a day I was in the office, and it's entirely possible I was too busy to think about photos.) I'm human, and my 365 project can be however I want it - if I miss a day here or there, I never said they had to be consecutive days!
Day 232 - Saturday August 21st
In which Lucy-Fur succumbs to the Super Gravity Field in the yard...
Day 233 - Sunday August 22nd
One of the problems I've discovered with this who adventure is that I don't always have time to take photos off memory cards (either from my big cameras or my pocket cameras) and sort through the photos. My phone has a good camera, and it has a mode where it can shoot RAW, but I have to actually take time to learn how to best use the mode, and something about cellphone photography in general. Alas, time is in short supply at the moment, so learning cellphone photography is something I'll keep thinking about until I can find some time to actually do something about it.
But, I tried a few photos with my phone anyway.
![]() |
| Black Dog investigating the squirrel interlopers. |
![]() |
| Black Dog deciding that one can be on patrol in a semi-prone position. |
Yeah, I've got a lot to learn here!
Day 234 - Monday August 23rd
Dog assisted tree pose. I didn't do any yoga while we were evacuated - don't ask me why - I could have found some space, but it was nice to get back to it.
Day 235 - Tuesday August 24th
I broke out the Super Snooter Shooter, because why not?
![]() |
| So kissable! |
![]() |
| Yes, Daisy, I *am* your Mummy! (Gratuitous Dr. Who reference!) |
![]() |
| Bitey-face is better with a super snooter shooter! |
Day 236 - Wednesday August 25th
The super, super snooter shooter (the 10.5mm ridiculously wide angle fisheye lens). This lens is actually a little extreme. But it's still entertaining.
![]() |
| Sisters! |
![]() |
| Dorkadoodles! (Or Dorkadoodle and a sister wondering if she's really related to the Black Dog....) |
Day 237 - Thursday August 26th
I actually managed to take some photos on our walk today.
Our neighborhood hawk was out, but the light was orangish (smoke, and the sun low in the sky) made this photo look weird, and I could not adjust it in Photoshop - at least not to anything I really liked...
![]() |
| So. Much. Sun flare. |
![]() |
| Still orange tint to the light. |
And later in the afternoon, I heard and then this little beast yelling at the girls

























No comments:
Post a Comment