Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dog Face IS a Compliment!

Today, February 20th, is Love Your Pet Day.  Needless to say, Fi and Abby don't suffer from a lack of love (or treats, or companionship, or toys, or physical activity, or, well anything!).  So today really wasn't any different than any other day for them; walkies, treats, multiple frisbee sessions, Kongs and bully sticks later tonight.  Oh, and the other thing that wasn't any different from any other day was me taking a bunch of pictures of them!

After playing around with the 50mm lens for a while, I thought I'd go back to the 28-80mm 'kit lens' that came with the old D70.    I thought I was getting great action shots until I pulled them off the camera and discovered that the autofocus setting was set to 'dynamic focus'.  Which, I have now learned, does not get action photos like the 'subject tracking' mode because it doesn't do well with moving objects like dogs leaping for frisbees.  Okay, lesson learned.  But alas, no spectacular action photos.

However, I got some 'portraits' that I was really pleased with.

Fiona Regina - because she looks so regal!

Abby with her head in the clouds.  As usual!

Pretty girl!

Unexpected bokeh!  What a bonus!
Yep.  Around here, 'dog face' is most definitely a compliment!

Day 51/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment