Sunday, February 23, 2014

Irreproducible Results?

In the academic/scientific world there is a 'Journal of Irreproducible Results' which has been a tounge-in-cheek source of amusement and entertainment for decades.

The reason this comes up today is because of my photo of the day.


It's really cool, if I say so myself.  The only 'problem' I have with this photo (other than that Abby is squinting, but when you pay your models in cheese bits and dried lamb lung treats, you don't always get high-dollar fashion model results - of course, there is significantly less drama with my models, too) is that I'm not entirely sure how I got those rays in the photo (other than to lighten Abby's face, this photo has not been enhanced).  I don't know if those rays are because of the position of the sun (in part, certainly), the shutter speed (1/4000 of a second), the aperture (small) or some combination thereof.

So, while the photo IS really cool, I'm not entirely sure if I can reproduce it.  But that won't stop me from trying!

Day 54/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment