Friday, February 21, 2014

White Balance (or Imbalance as the Case May Be)

I didn't have the white balance set properly when I was taking pictures today (it was overcast, so I thought I'd be okay, but apparently not...).  Also, I was using the 28-80mm lens again today, and I still wasn't happy with the action shots (back to read more of the manual, as I'm not sure if it is the lens or the settings I have - I tend to think it is the settings, but maybe the 50mm spoiled me with its sharpness...), so, more portraits.

Because the white balance was a little funky, I did a lot of 'processing' in Lightroom, and while the processing is a bit over the top, I had fun.

And I LOVE this picture of Fi.  She's usually so serious, so when I can catch her being a goofball, I count myself lucky!


Purposely over-processed, but I like it.  It's not great art, but it's fun.
 
I like the softness in this one.  Again, not great art, but fun!
Black and white, because, well, I can!

Another 'soft' picture of Abby.  Gorgeous eyes!
Day 52/365.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting texture in the over processed photo.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete