Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Few Photos from Today

Today was my six-month 'follow-up' with Winnie the Poodle.  I originally photographed Winnie when she was 14 (or so) weeks old, I wanted to get her at 6 months.  As usual, I got a bunch of photos in the one-hour session with Winnie and her older brother Lucky, but here are a few photos from today.


Yep, she's cute!

And goofy!


Being a standard poodle, it took Lucky a little while to figure out why I was throwing snowballs at him.  Once he figured it out, he enjoy catching them.
Hopefully I'll have the album ready for Winnie and Lucky's parents before my next shelter shoot this coming Thursday.

I also spent a little time today trying to work on lighting my human portraits.  I was reading an article yesterday where the author said she just spent a lot of photographing herself while tweaking lighting (aperture and flash power and shutter speed and location of the flash in relation to the person, etc., etc.) with a remote shutter release.  Since that seemed like the easiest way for me to practice lighting humans, I tried it.  I definitely had a lot more experimenting to do, but I think in time I'll be confident for when someone asks me to photograph them with their dogs.

This was the most natural looking lighting of me, but the girls are (obviously) too dark.


I'm a little brighter than the natural look I was going for, but the girls are less dark,
Obviously I've got a fair amount of work ahead of me to get the 'fill light' thing mastered.  And I have no idea what was going on with my hair today....

1 comment:

  1. Your dark pants make them look darker too. I wonder what the shot would look like if you had lighter pants? Anyway, we love the perspective in that first shot!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete