Thursday, January 1, 2015

Interesting Light

Just because I'm done with the 365 Project (thank heavens!) doesn't mean that I'm done taking pictures.   Being home during the day, especially this time of year, gives me a chance to observe light.  I was getting ready to take the girls out back for some frisbee time, and the light coming in from the living room really lit Fi up as she was waiting for me to get clothes on to take her outside.  It was really striking, and I couldn't help but capture a few images.  Heh.  Doesn't that sound like I've been reading too many photography books?

This is not digitally enhanced - this was just the light in the kitchen, coming in from the living room.  How seriously cool?

The catch lights in her eyes and the glow are just amazing!

Abby didn't stand in the right spot to get the 'glow' but the catch lights are still pretty cool!
When we got outside, I thought I'd try some portraits.

 

Snowy snooter!

Pretty, snowy snooter!

This would be a typical portrait of Abby!
 

I haven't mastered the art of the 'shake' but I'm going to work on it!


Oh, and while these aren't actually portraits, Kung-Fu frisbee photos can't just sit on the hard drive!


Crouching Tiger, Hidden Doodle!

Hmm.  Just hmmm.


I love the mid-day light this time of year - the angle of the sun makes for nice soft light and fun photos.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are some great shots! Sheesh, we say that alot huh? Anyway, they are!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete