Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Things I Do to Amuse My Dogs

You think this photography stuff is all about me, right?  In truth, many of the photos I take are part of the ongoing 'how to keep my dogs occupied' project.  Take this afternoon as an example.   I was all prepared to read a mystery and relax.  But the girls decided that reading was boring, and being nudging me with their cold snooters.  So, I took the upstairs and took some photos.

Okay, so maybe this worked out pretty well! Actually, I really, really, really like this image.  This could be print-worthy.


I was playing around with my iTTL flash with a small softbox on it, so I thought I'd take the girls out on the porch as see what I could get.  I still need to work on the whole 'fill light' thing, but I was pleased with the attempt.



This photo doesn't do much other than show off Fi's newly groomed face (and don't worry about the little thing under her eye - it's just an irritated hair follicle).



And more in the Things to Amuse the Dogs file?  Frisbee action, of course.  Yes, this is how I spend my weekends - amusing the dogs with bouts of trying to get other things done.  Or read.




If you look closely, you can see the 'snow suit' hair cut - clean(ish) feet and face and fuzzy body.


I did, however, manage to capture more photographic evidence showing that Abby is an alien.   If I had staged this photo, it would have never worked out...  And like all photos of aliens, Yetis, the Loch Ness Monster and other hard-to-photograph beasts, this isn't a photographically perfect image - yet more evidence that it isn't doctored!  *grin*

Abby is trying to shoot death rays out of her eyes and Fi is looking justifiably worried!
Yep, I really do spend most of my life keeping my dogs amused.  But that's okay.  There are worse things in life!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots (as usual). Maybe we need to start some sort of Blogville thing where there is a word each week to take a photo of? Something you girls might think about in your official pawsitions!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete