Monday, January 12, 2015

Snow Day

Luckily, I have recovered from the bubonic plague; I'm still a little tired, but much better than I was over the weekend.  However, taking the day off was definitely the right call - not only did I need the rest, but we got WAY more snow than predicted, and it was wet, heavy, slippery stuff (I'd say we got at least 14 inches if not more).  Parley's Canyon (the big canyon between Park City and Salt Lake) was restricted to 4x4s and car/trucks with chains only.  Given then Parley's is part of I-80, the major east-west thruway in this part of the country, the travel restrictions meant the roads were pretty nasty.

Anyhoo, I was at home with the girls today, and we did a Donner Party walkie around noon; it was a good thing the girls are well-fed as I slipped twice on the ice under the snow  (soft falls both times - no harm, no foul).   I took the girls out for some frisbee action later in the afternoon and it was still snowing quite hard, so I had to use the hood on my camera.  The hood is great for keeping everything dry, but the clear plastic section for viewing the screen and eye-piece is a bit tough to see through clearly, so I'm never 100% certain where my focus point is.

But we had fun, the camera stayed dry (which is more than I can say for the girls and myself), and the girls picked up enough snow on their leggies to leave puddles of meltwater throughout the house!



 


 


Yep, I kinda missed the centering here...






Back to the grind tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment