Sunday, April 11, 2021

Project 365 - Day 101 + Birthday Photos

Not all the photos are taken by me, hence the title.


So, yeah, today I turned 50 years old.  I had the inspiration last night to break out the 'milestone' board I used for Lucy-Fur's 1st year.  Then I thought it would be sort of fun to include it in some yoga photos, as this last year has been a journey, adopting a healthier lifestyle, exercising more, practicing yoga more, just "getting my act together" as some might say. I've also lost 38 lbs since last year, which is definitely something worth celebrating!


Tree pose. I was more of a "quaking aspen" when I started doing yoga again about 10 months ago, and some days I'm still an aspen, but generally my balance is better.

This one is, for me, quite impressive. When I started my regular yoga 10 months ago, I couldn't do a side plank for long, and I was pretty wobbly. Being able to lift my top leg has taken quite a while. To me, this represents how much stronger I've become in the last year.

And if you couldn't read the milestone board, here's a close-up of it!


I could create multivariate models a year ago, but the tree pose (and the side plank)? Not so much. BTW, in the 'I love' list, Gary was happy to be listed ahead of the car!

The girls "helped" with yoga this morning.  And be 'help' I mean made sure I wasn't asleep!



 Other than yoga, what did I do today? Well, we took the beasts on their regular morning walk.




And then we took a drive up to the Uintahs, and stopped at the Samak Smokehouse again to get some beef jerky, some jerky for the dogs, and a sweatshirt, since I live in sweatshirts!  No photos from the drive (I actually got to drive!), but we had happy dogs.

And, there was cake!  I purchased a small (4" diameter) chocolate cake from Whole Foods, thinking that one's 50th birthday should involve cake.

I wasn't sure what I was going to be getting, but how bad could a double chocolate layer cake be? Turns out, it was quite tasty!

The cake was small - there are only 2 of us, and since the whole healthy lifestyle thing does include chocolate cake, but in moderation, small is good. Of course, the candles barely fit on the cake, but they fit!

The cake and the aforementioned Samak sweatshirt. And a very interested doggie. (No cake for her - this was not a dog-friendly cake. But they got jerky!)

Quick! Light the candles before they fall off!

And yes, I made a wish!

It was a most excellent 50th birthday - and thanks for all the nice birthday wishes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment