Monday, April 7, 2014

Back at the Great Salt Lake Marina

Spring is definitely here, and while it is still a little cool to go cycling around Park City (well, too cool for us, there are some hard core people out who are ready to tackle the hills in mid-40 degree temps, but we aren't them!) it is perfect down in Salt Lake.  So we went back out to the Marina today for another ride, and I got a few more photos.  This time,  I had some I idea of what I would have liked to have shot (birds, the high grasses surrounding parts of the lake, the salty 'beaches', etc.), I couldn't get to where I would have needed to be to get those shots (and I would have had to have gone down to the beach areas, which are notoriously mucky).

So I got other photos, instead.

I'm still mesmerized by the reflections in the water, so I got a few of those photos; this is the best of the lot.


And I was captivated by the buoys; this was one of the first days where the lake was basically 'empty' - there was one boat out while we were on our ride, but other than that, it was a very quiet day, and it made the buoys interesting.



These mark the channel into the marina.
 The mucky beach.


This sign has been up at the marina for as long as we've been going out there, and it still cracks me up.  I always wonder if we could drop off some of our unwanted mice....


Day 97/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment