Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bitey-Face and More Fun With Lighting

Abby is technically still on the injured reserve list for the rest of the week, but that hasn't stopped her from biteying her sister every time they go into the backyard.  Luckily, my trusty 24-85mm lens is the perfect bitey-face lens!  Sharp action shots, even in low light, and with the added bonus of being able to zoom in and out as the girls run all over the yard.





And it works equally well as a portrait lens.  Yes, I'm still amused by the shots on the porch with the flash. It continues to be interesting because the changing ambient light means I have to figure out how/where to set the flash to get the desired effect.



I also took a few more photos today bouncing the light off the mirror in the entryway.  I like the effect, but I haven't quite figured out how to convince the girls to sit in front of the mirror, especially since I have to be at an angle between the mirror and the girls, so I don't block the light, but don't have them in half shadow.

Yes, I still need to work on getting Abby to sit where I'd like her to sit....


Day 119/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment