Saturday, April 19, 2014

Still Lifes

Abby tweaked something playing frisbee yesterday, and after a visit to the vet today, she has been placed on a two week no-frisbee restriction.  Needless to say, my first thought was, "Two weeks?!?  What am I going to take pictures of?!?"  Just kidding.  After establishing that nothing catastrophic had happened and that feet, ankles, knees and hips are all just fine, and that like any strain, she just needs to stick to low-impact activities for a couple of weeks, I was thinking about how to vary her walkies so we don't all get wildly bored of the same walk.  Taking pictures didn't come into my mind until MUCH later!

Because today was cloudy and raining on and off, I decided to try using flashes outside to make low-light daylight photos look like they had been lit by natural light and not by using external lighting.  I was really pleased with the results (and really pleased that my models were so cooperative!).

Such a regal dog!

Yes, Abby really is that much bigger than Fi!  Abby's face is a little light, suggesting that this isn't all natural light, but I'm really pleased with this picture - I don't usually get the two of them sitting the same distance from the camera AND looking at the camera!
I also got a few non-flash outdoor shots.  Maybe it's a subtle difference, but I like the above photos a little more just because the girls are highlighted against the background.  Not that these two photos below are bad, just different.

"Really?  No Frisbee for two weeks?  Really?!?  I want a second opinion!"

Day 109/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment