Friday, April 18, 2014

Bright Light and Natural Light

I continue to read my book on off-camera lighting, and while I would like to actually try some of the techniques in the book for enhancing subjects in photos at dusk/dawn, I haven't had the camera out at dawn (already at work, or still asleep), or dusk (relaxing with the doggies, although maybe this weekend that will happen).  However, I thought I'd see how well a single flash would light up a dark porch.

Pretty well, it turns out.


Now I just need a sunset (or sunrise, since the porch is facing east...), and I'm good to go.

Since I have been doing so much indoor flash photography, I thought I'd try a few natural light photos.  I opened the aperture on the 24-85mm lens wide open, put the camera on a tripod, and hoped for the best. This probably would have worked better if it wasn't relatively dark in the living room (it was cloudy out, so not a ton of natural light in the room), but the photos weren't awful.




Yes, those puppy eyes get her just about anything she wants!
Day 108/365.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are getting some great shots. We said that already, huh? Well, you are! Happy Easter!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete