Monday, April 28, 2014

Some Snow and Fun With Lighting

Given that this is Utah, a snowstorm in late April is not unusual, and we  had Spring in the middle of Winter, so it's only fair, I guess, to have Winter in the middle of Spring.  Although today's drive into work was exciting - it was like driving in a snowglobe being shaken by a 3 year-old on a sugar high...

Anyway, on the drive home, it was only snowing lightly, and thought I'd try a few more photos of the girls on the porch with the flash.

For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, Fi is 'warmer' in this photo than in the one below.  I guess a little time playing with the color temperature might shed some light on it.   (Get it?  Shed some light?  Heehee.)




This next photo was sort of interesting.  I had just walked back in from the front porch and still had the flash on, so I set it down and pointed it directly at the big mirror in the hallway, curious as to how the flash off the mirror would 'bounce' into the fairly dark entryway.  It gave a surprisingly warm light; I'm going to have to play with this a little more.  The photo itself isn't all that spectacular (looking down on a dog who isn't looking back at you isn't very exciting), but I really like how the light came out.


And this photo isn't all that exciting, either, but I wanted to get some of the snow in the background of the picture, so yet another picture where I'm looking down on the girls (something I try to avoid in the photos, unless there's a real reason for it).  But there's snow!


Day 118/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment