For those of you getting this via email, sorry for it going out twice - I was trying to save it and hit 'publish' instead....
Fi is still very much in the "keep her comfortable" part of her recuperation, which basically means a lot of drugs to keep her comfortable, sleepy and generally mellow. She seems to be healing fine, although it will be at least another 5 days before the swelling is gone and another week and a half before the sutures are removed, so Fi will be spending a lot time looking at the insides of her eyelids - which I think will be the best thing for all parties involved.
Abby has been absolutely fantastic with Fi. Abby clearly knows Fi isn't feeling well, and Abby hasn't tried to 'engage' her in any antics (yet). To make sure Abby isn't ignored while Fi is being taken care of, I have had a few funballs activities scheduled for her.
We actually were going to do a doggie class yesterday at 2:30pm, but I was wiped out and it was almost 90 degrees, which is wicked hot for us mountain dwellers, so Abby and I stayed home and napped - and didn't even go on walkies until 6:30pm because the streets were just too hot before then...
Anyhoo, at 11am today, Abby and I went to doggie class - which mostly involved walking around on the grass, trying to find shade, and getting some photos.
 |
| Mom, Granny isn't going to ask us what kind of bush this is, is she? |
 |
| Hot dog in shade! (Yes, I carried plenty of water with us!) |
 |
| Hot dog deciding that the shade is the place to be! |
 |
| Hot dog saying 'hi' to dog on shady balcony. |
 |
| No, Granny. We don't know what kind of flowers these are, either! |
And then Abby discovered she could go bobsledding!
 |
| Abby brought Jessi along to be her brake-woman! |
 |
| South Korea 2018, here we come! |
 |
| I am so 'Cool Running' here! |
Abby and Jessi and I had a grand time!
Day 186/365.
OMD I know what yeu mean! The summer heat is miserable!!! I sure hobe Miss Fi is feeling better and better, but in the meantime... Abby, yeu are having big fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! And we send our love,
Little Reufus and the Mom
I sure hope Fi is not going to have access to these posts when she gets feeling better cuz she's gonna be really mad!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley