I know absolutely nothing about birds; I don't know what kinds of birds are native to the area, I can't identify birds beyond being able to determine that a bird is either a robin or 'not a robin', and I certainly can't tell an African swallow from a European swallow, nor do I know the velocity of the aforementioned swallows... *ahem* You get the idea. So don't ask me what sorts of birds these are.
All I know is that I was getting ready to make dinner when my husband commented that we had some action at the bird feeder. Of course, I whipped out the camera and got a bunch of photos of birds.
 |
| Clearly developing coconut-carrying skills. |
 |
| I think these two were having a chat. |
 |
| I don't know what they were chatting about, but it went on for a while. |
 |
| Birdie gymnastics. |
 |
| I think this guy was as interested in me as I was in him. |
 |
| "Just keep shooting away, lady. It's not like I'm here to eat dinner or anything..." |
 |
| Whatever this is, it is pretty. Although I'm 99% certain it's not a European sparrow. |
Because I hadn't expected the birds, I got some photos of the girls when I got home from work. For some reason, Abby was looking guilty in all of the photos. I haven't figured out yet what she's done, but I suspect she's trying to sell beachfront property in Arizona again...
Day 210/365.
Damn birds are very hard to differentiate. I just call everything small a finch and everything black a black bird. We have a lot of gold finches and cardinals. Those are easier. Just enjoy and keep taking pictures. Once word gets out in bird land about the feeding spot, there will be tons of cool action.
ReplyDeleteWe can identify most of those birds. You got some good shots. If all else fails just remember light travels at 186,000 miles per second and that will change the subject.
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley