Saturday, July 19, 2014

And Now For Something Completely Different

Or possibly not.... I think the stress of Fi's surgery and the hectic work-week caught up with me today, and so my grand plans for getting things done today were 'adjusted to meet realistic goals' and I got a few things done, and got a good nap in.   One of my grand plans was to try to photograph something different, like squirrels or the Killer Rabbits that live in our yard (as an aside, I have shown Abby an educational video clip on Killer Rabbits in an attempt to convince her to not chase them; her response was to request a Holy Hand Grenade).  That was one of the goals that was 'adjusted' today.  I got more tennis ball action shots, instead....










I did, however, photograph a few more of my Roman coins.

This first one is one of my 'newer' coins - a Septimius Severus denarius.  I like this one because both the lettering and the face are fairly clear.

The reverse - another 'Concordia' - a symbol of peace, and also of the Imperial cult.
I also photographed a few more of my Vespasian coins.  I have an 'as'  (a copper coin that was essentially pocket change).  It's not in the greatest shape, which is not unusual - asses were sort of like pennies; you were a lot more likely to keep an eye on your denarii than your asses.



This is an 'aequitas' which symbolized justice and honesty.
Even though asses were worth quite a bit less than denarii, they are bigger.

One of my Vespasian denarii next to the as.
Fi and Abby were less excited about the coin photography...

"Mom, why are you photographing ancient bits of metal when you could be photographing me?!?"


"Wake me up when you start doing something interesting again."
Day 200/365.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good collection! It is impawtent to remember those naps!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Pee Ess - Don't forget that THIS Friday is the first ever Fractured Fryday Hairy Tails!

    ReplyDelete