Friday, June 6, 2014

In Which the Law of Large Numbers Plays a Role

After a long (very long) week at work, and a bike ride, I took the girls out for their usual tennis ball session. Being more tired than usual, I was just a little off in taking pictures.  Which meant that I ended up with a lot of photos in which the background was in excellent focus, and the actions dogs were not so much in focus.  

However, being a statistician with an understanding of the Law of Large Numbers, I always just take a lot of pictures, use the 'delete' button with wild abandon, and hopefully end up with a few good pictures.  Because, of course, the photographic corollary to the Law of Large Numbers is the Ansel Adams Principle as defined by his quote“Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.”  Thus, using my somewhat flawed reasoning, if I take enough photos, something is bound to turn out okay eventually.

I believe Abby actually head-butted the tennis ball here.

Soulful eyes,

Long leggity beast (and she does go bump in the night)!

Zoom-zoom!

Goofadoodle in action.

Silly, happy girl!
Day 157/365.

1 comment:

  1. Mom wonders how you are storing all your photos so you can find them again. Mom takes lots of pics thinking she will use the delete button and then just can't bring herself to delete our handsomeness.

    Your pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete