Saturday, November 8, 2014

Holiday Preparations and a Puppy

No, the puppy isn't ours, and the holiday preparations are actually holiday card preparations.  Hey, a person has to have their priorities. 

I still have some experimenting to do with getting the white backdrop  really white.  I actually have a thought as to how to do it, but the thought came to me after the shots today.  So I'll try it tomorrow.  But in the meantime, here are a few shots of the girls with some inexpensive holiday decorations.

It would help if my model looked moderately more enthusiastic...  Just saying....

At least Fi can fake enthusiasm!

Sometimes!
On to the puppy.  Jessi (of turkey hotdog fame) had a puppy class with one participant, Rusty the Rottweiler.  At 12 weeks old, Rusty has ginormous feet and big shoulders - Rusty is going to be a big boy.  And if his first puppy class was any indication, he's going to be a total sweetie.

How could you say no to those eyes?

Rusty was also interest in checking out the shopping cart.  No idea what prompted him to do this, but he had very good balance - no doubt those ginormous feet helped!

Learning how to look cute for turkey hotdogs.

Rusty, very focused on his recalls (and the waiting treats).
As an aside, Petco has terrible lighting (high ceilings with fluorescent lighting and linoleum floors that do nothing for enhancing the light in the place) so I used my TTL flash - in the photos I was clearly using a flash, but there was no other way to get bright, sharp photos.  And Rusty didn't mind the flash at all (it was pointed toward the ceiling so it never got close to flashing in his eyes).

Day 313/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment