Monday, November 10, 2014

Insanity

There's a quote that defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  Yeah, well...  In an attempt to not do exactly the same thing in attempting to get holiday card shots, I brought a squeaky toy to the studio, along with the treats.  Honestly, I didn't expect much, as the house is littered with squeaky toys which get limited attention from the girls.  Apparently I under-estimated the appeal of a toy that has been sitting on the table (and thus theoretically out of reach).  But before chaos ensued, the squeaky toy did serve to get the girls' attention.


"Fi, where'd that squeaky toy come from?"  Dunno, but it looks really interesting!"

What is that squeaking noise we hear?  Why is Mom playing with it and not me?
 
I actually kind of like Fi's tongue action here - it makes the whole thing light-hearted.
Shortly after that photo, Fi decided she really wanted the squeaky toy more than the liver treats, so she went after the toy while I tried to hold Abby at bay for a bit.

I'd better get a lot more treats for not immediately going after the squeaky toy.  And I'm looking cute, too.
Someone call Norman Rockwell about that last photo!

Seriously, this is it.  Here is my happy face, now hand over the treats and then I'm going after that squeaky toy!
And what was Fi doing while Abby was actually being a good dog (for once) and posing?

I don't really care that I still have my Christmas bow on - I have the squeaky toy!

Seriously, I'm done with the photo shoot.  I have the squeaky toy.

Yep, I totally won this photo shoot!
There was a slight dusting of snow this afternoon, and it made for a nice Veterans' Day shot for tomorrow.


Day 315/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment