There is a very long story behind the first two photos. Fi and Abby are transient members of Blogville, a virtual community of pet blogs (
much like Margaritaville, Blogville is a state of mind, rather than an actual place), and their two Doodle buddies Murphy and Stanley were recently elected co-Mayors of Blogville.
And before you start wondering if I've been partaking of those *special* brownies recently made legal in Colorado, let me assure you that I have not. It just means I'm not the only crazy dog person in the world. In fact, the online pet store Chewy.com sent Murphy and Stanley a real - not virtual - basket of flowers after their election win. I know, I'm looking more and more normal by the moment, right? Right?!? *ahem* Anyway, in Blogville, like in any real community, appointments to the Mayoral Cabinet are all about
nepotism, erm, selecting the best possible individuals for the positions. Because Fi and Abby
actually know Murphy and Stanley are highly qualified, they are likely to be appointed to the highly prestigious position of Assistant Undersecretary of Photography for Blogville.
Yes, that is a totally made-up title. Why do you ask?
Anyway, the girls needed 'official' photos for the announcement of their joint appointment. And this gave me an opportunity to try something different with the soon-to-be Madame Assistant Undersecretaries.
The camera is the old D70, upgraded from its previous job as a door stop (something - I can't remember what - broke and it would have cost more to fix it than to get a refurbished one) to a prop. The lens caps is on the lens because while the lens is a kit lens that I don't really use, I still didn't think the lens' quality would be improved by liver treat crumbs or slobber - or both.
Yeah, so, it's a long way to Tipperary*
Since the girls were already in the studio, I figured I might as well get a few holiday photos, too.
 |
| Future Assistant Undersecretary of Photography thinking she is too dignified for these shenanigans. |
Day 324/365.
*Don't ask. This post has already had far too many incomprehensible explanations. I'm not going to clutter it with more.
No comments:
Post a Comment