Thursday, November 13, 2014

In Which I Encounter a Great White!

Pyrenees, that is!

Say 'hi', Loki!

This was actually a very interesting experience.    I had brought my 'beater' camera to work (it's the P520, which really isn't a beater, but in image quality doesn't compare to the D90) because it is a long day for me, and I had no intention of photographing any dogs (so I no dog treats).  But in the course of a meeting, a co-worker introduced me to one of her co-workers who had just adopted Loki, the Great Pyrenees.  Loki was with her new owner at work today because she was literally just adopted yesterday and the owner didn't want her new dog home with her cat until Loki and the cat had spent more supervised time together.

Because the owner and dog were still getting to know each other, and it was cold out and the owner was freezing, I only had a few moments with a sub-optimal camera (a prime lens would have been great for the cloudy outdoors) to get a few shots of Loki.  It was really interesting to try to think on my feet and get her attention in a short period of time.  I can't say I was entirely successful, but given this was an 'on-the-fly' very short shoot with no treats (other than some kibble her Mom had for her), I'm pleased with the shots.  And the owner was pleased that I actually managed to get her dog to sit!

Hi!  Do you have snacks?

She has gorgeous eyes!

Snacks?  Did you mention snacks?
 
Oh!  There are the snacks!
Loki is going to be at work again tomorrow, so I think I'll bring in my good camera, and some good treats, and see if I can get a few better shots of her.  She's a total sweetie, by the way!

Day 318/365.

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty! And great shots of her. You really showed her eyes off nicely!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete