Thursday, November 6, 2014

Lightroom Presets

In my copious free time today (it's really too bad that sarcasm is hard to convey in text; today was one of those days where my to-do list was longer at the end of the day than at the beginning, and it's not exactly like I was sitting around chewing chocolates and reading movie mags - it was just one of those days where many people wanted non-simple data queries run - which is fine, but it didn't allow for copious amounts of free time) I pondered the whole concept of Lightroom presets.  I won't go into what they are (if you really are interested, Google it), but I had this grand plan of coming home and finding some really nifty presets, adding them to Lighroom, and *poof* I'd have magically perfect photos.

Insert raucous laughter here.

Yeah, um, so I found a few presets (free, since I don't know what I'm getting myself into here), none of which I am really wild about (but I have a feeling that has to do with my shotgun approach to using them).  But what can I say?  Other than insert some inane comment about breaking eggs to make omelets or something...

Regardless of my as-of-yet fruitless foray into presets (Dad, I'm assuming you'll have some killer resources for presets - or great coupons for the Topaz filters for Photoshop.... Feel free to pass those along!), the girls had a grand time chasing frisbees, and that is all that really matters at the end of the day.

BTW, these photos were all shot at the same time in the same light, so you can see some of the differences with different presets.
















Day 311/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment