Friday, November 14, 2014

More Shots of Loki the Great White

Loki was back at work with her Mom today, and this time I brought the D90 with the 50mm f/1.8 lens (I wasn't certain what the light would be like, or even if I would be able to get shots outside, so the big aperture was a must).  Not sure what Loki's plans were for the day, I stopped by in the morning and got a few shots of her in her Mom's office - and I tested out some salmon treats to make sure they would meet Loki's standards.  (They did.)

Hi!  Did you bring treats with you this time?  For me?
Loki is a very sweet, well-mannered dog.  She tried to jump up once or twice to get at the treats, but she quickly learned that sitting or lying down and giving me those big, sweet-dog eyes of hers were the fastest way to get treats.


Seriously, how could you NOT give that face treats?
Those first three photos were taken indoors, in horrible institutional-grade fluorescent light.  But with a wide open aperture I was able to get rid of most the effect of that lighting.  And the depth-of-field trade-off was well worth it.

Around noon Loki and her Mom and I went for a short walk.


If I sit here and look pathetic, maybe the crazy lady with the camera and the salmon snacks with give me a few more snacks...  Don't worry - Loki was well 'paid' for her modeling!


She was a big hit with everyone she met.


And she seemed to enjoy spending most of her 'walk' sitting down and observing the world.


Those eyes!!!!
 
She's a natural in front of the camera!
Finally at the end of the walk, I was able to get a shot of Loki with her Mom.


I really enjoyed the opportunity to get more (and better) shots of Loki today - and I can't think of a better way to spend my lunch break!

319/365.

1 comment:

  1. You got some nice shots in there. Getting some non-doodle models these days! I will throw out a challenge for you . . . a black dog!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete