Snow! Okay, it's Utah, and it's Winter so no shocker about the snow. But the whole goal of this project is to really see things, and not just let the world come in through my eyes and bounce back out again.
I was watching the snow blowing around in the light this morning, and I didn't realize that I had the camera on a slow shutter speed. So, these photos came as a nifty surprise! (And that's what happens when I take photos at 5am, and I'm not really paying attention.)
![]() |
| 1/60 of a second |
![]() |
| 1/100 of a second |
Very cool!
I didn't see anything that really caught my eye on the walk until we started heading down the hill and I saw something on Daisy's head. It looked like a ginormous snowflake, but I didn't think it could be - it was windy, and I didn't see how anything other than graupel . But, we stopped, and there was this ginormous, perfect snowflake on Daisy's head. I had the Olympus camera (it was snowing, and neither of the Panasonics is weather-sealed, so they shouldn't be taken out in inclement weather), and it doesn't have the greatest macro setting (or if it does, I couldn't figure it out).
So trust me when I say that this snowflake was perfect, even if I wasn't able to photograph it very well. And seeing things doesn't always mean that they have to be photographed. But this came out better than I had expected.
![]() |
| Ginormous, perfect snowflake! |
![]() |
| My attempt to crop in and sharpen it a bit. |
So, for a day where I didn't have high expectations, it was a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment