Sunday, February 21, 2021

Project 365 - Day 52

So, you remember the photo from yesterday with Black Dog attempting an escape from Alcatraz?  Here's a refresher.

Seriously contemplating making a run for it.

So, I decided to dig a "moat" around the fence line. It's not that I had nothing better to do with my time, but it seemed like digging the moat would ultimately take less time than trying to track Crazy Black Dog down when she's up the hill in the snow.

Photographically, hard to get a sense of what the moat looks like at ground level. But trust me; the top of the fence is now quite a bit higher than the bottom of the moat.

The moat, from above.

Yes, I'll have to dig it out again when we get more snow (but I think I have a week before significant snow comes in), but still better than trying to track down Crazy Black Dog.


And before all that, a few photos from our dog walk today. 

Not really what I saw in my mind's eye, but I really like this huge yard and their rustic fencing.

Moose! We actually had to take a detour on our walk because further up the hill there was a larger moose on the side of the road eating breakfast.  We circled back and went to see if the moose was still there (coming from the other direction).  She had moved to the road and I might have attempted a photo but I didn't want the dogs disturbing her breakfast.

I think light snow on a mostly sunny day is a magical sight.

Whatever they are doing, it's got the interest of both of them!

And a few yoga-interruptus dog photos!

Any time I can give a dog a hug, I do.

Lucy-Fur, I bow down before you!

No comments:

Post a Comment