Saturday, February 13, 2021

Project 365 - Day 44

Yoga photos.


You might not care, but this is my blog, so there you have it.


After many failed attempts as of late to get some yoga photos using a little spider-style tripod for my phone, and having my phone fall out of the the tripod, having the tripod fall over, and generally causing frustration, I decided to try something different (and not revisit the definition of insanity yet again).


So, I brought up an actual tripod and a more secure phone holder (I still haven't figured out a remote trigger for the Panasonics, and my phone's remote trigger is pretty good).  I'm much happier with my ability to position the camera to get different photos.  However, there was the unintended consequence that the tripod and phone, being in front of my light source (the floor lamp for the office), cast a shadow on me.  So, I'll try moving the light tomorrow and see what happens.  So, there is a reason for the yoga photos - I'm thinking through the process of how to get photos I'd like - and not just some gratuitous mediocre yoga photos! And the whole yoga photos thing has become a personal White Whale.  (And yes, Martin, that reference is totally for you!) 😁


The while balance also leaves something to be desired - since I just do a quick edit on the phone, I definitely get an odd white balance.  Something else to be considered in the future.


Not the subtle shadow across my face and arms. That would be the tripod.


The shadow is more obvious here - look above my ankles. The shadows against the wall are a bit harsh, but I don't want to go crazy with lighting. Although I might try the ring light we have...



Extended child's pose.

A child's pose variation.

A heart opener.  

I did a 60 minute yoga session this morning, and apparently the natives thought this was just a bit too long to delay their breakfast.


One dog is usually okay.


But with two dogs circling me like sharks, it's time to call it quits.

Gratuitous dog photo later in the day when I was trying to get a photo of my tripod setup.


Not the greatest photo in the work, but it's there for inquiring minds.

So, expect more yoga photos in the future.  (Today's walk was snowy and blah - I mean, it was a beautiful walk, but nothing really caught my eye other than a moose strolling through a yard, but I didn't have the Olympus set up properly and ended up with a couple of photos of a brown furry blob with a bunch of little white blobs (snow) in front of the moose.)  It's the process of getting the photos that is interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment