Monday, February 22, 2021

Project 365 - Day 53

This is quite possibly the best photo of the day. Technically not great, and I wish I had been using a telephoto lens, but since I wanted to get moat photos, no telephoto lens.  Regardless, this photo is priceless.  Clearly something is out of whack with the antigravity field.  Lucy-Fur is the rocket scientist in the family, and given that her gravity controls seem to be just fine, I suspect she might be the culprit. But, I have no proof, so we'll leave it at saying that someone is messing with the antigravity field controls.

*giggle*snert*

It's probably wrong to laugh at that, but really, how can you not?!?

*ahem*

So, we've got a moat.  (I've always wanted to say that! Seriously. In my life goals, I wanted to get a Ph.D., and I wanted a moat.  Okay, maybe the moat wasn't quite up there with life goals, and more a product of my parents "dragging" me to castles all over Europe when I was a kid. But still, saying "We've got a moat" is lots of fun!)  However, all of the moats I've ever seen were designed to keep invaders out, and not to keep crazy beasts in.  So Gary has deemed it a reverse moat (in the keeping crazy beasts in way, not in an aqueduct sort of way) or a remote. 

It took a little persuading to get the kids to check out the (re)moat, but once they checked it out, Lucy-Fur decided it was a seriously awesome zoomie track.


"This is a trap, isn't it?"

This is pretty much where Daisy was in the photo in the last 2 blog posts, when the snow was still there, so you can get a sense of the depth of the moat.

Moat zoomies! She is such a happy dog!  


"Mom, this is so not cool. How am I supposed to jump over the fence when the fence is suddenly so much higher?"


Lucy also discovered that racing around on the "ramparts" was good fun, too.  (It was warm today, and the snow is settling a bit - which is exactly why I needed to dig the moat yesterday, while the snow was still fairly light.)

No zoomies like snow zoomies on the rampart!

I think Daisy likes a wide open zoomie track!


No comments:

Post a Comment