Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Few Studio Shots and Some Frisbee Action

I spent a bunch of time this evening playing around with color calibration (again).  Truthfully, I'm not impressed with the results from the SpyderPro tool - so far, everything looks too warm after the calibration.  However, it may be a case of me just being used to what I'm seeing vs. what I should be seeing.  So, I have ordered some prints where I tweaked the white balance based on the manual calibration of the monitor, and the same images where the white balance was tweaked based on the Spyder calibration. We shall see.  Anyway, that sucked up a bunch of time, so I haven't gone through all the photos I took today.

I did try what I thought would work with my studio shots (low flash power and increasing the exposure on the camera), and I didn't notice huge differences from yesterday's shots (I still had to adjust the exposure in Lightroom), so I have to go back to the drawing board.  Or possibly up the flash power a teeny bit, since I'm trying to make it look like I didn't use a flash....

This isn't perfect, but I really like it anyway.

Reluctant model.
When all else fails, I go to frisbee shots.

Not a great shot, but I love how the snow is lit up by the sun.

 



Yeah, there just aren't words for this...

These never get old.  Never.
And I got a few outdoor portraits because I'm trying to work on creating fine art.

I'd get a 20x30 print of this.  In fact, once I get the whole calibration thing figured out, maybe I will....


Maybe not fine art, but I like the perspective.

And don't you just want to kiss that snooter?
Day 361/365.

1 comment:

  1. You got a few that we really like. They are all good but the perspective one we thought was the best!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete