Sunday, December 14, 2014

Frisbees and Dogs (aka The Usual)

In my defense I didn't shoot with 'intention' today.  I had about a zillion things on my to-do list (many of which are still on the to-do list.... when is the last day I can mail stuff to make sure it gets there by Christmas?  Hopefully not tomorrow... *ahem*), and when I took the girls out for some frisbee action, I didn't realize until I was outside that I had my 35mm lens on the camera.  It's a great lens, but it's a fairly wide-angle lens, and if I'm going to use a prime lens, I really prefer the 50mm for frisbee action.  But since I had to get the girls out and back in so I could take care of other domestic chores, I just left it on and did a lot of cropping.

However, the 35mm is a great portrait lens, so I took advantage of that.



Since I had a prime lens on, I did use the wide aperture.  I probably really should work on finding an aperture that gets the entire face in focus which still giving nice bokeh in the background.  Something else to add to my to-do list!




On the other hand, having a shallow depth of field make make for some fun focus points!



And yes, there was plenty of actual frisbee fetching, too.

Miss Five Year-Old Abby still has springs in her leggies!

At six and a half, so does Fi!

Yep, Fi really does have spring in her leggies, too!



Day 349/365.

1 comment:

  1. Great action BUTT we are seeing grass in that snow!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete