Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pretty Faces

In an attempt to get away from shooting nothing more than the girls chasing after frisbees, I decided to use the 35mm f/1.8 lens and see if I could get some natural light shots of the girls faces.  Because it was overcast most of the day, the indoor natural light wasn't superb and I open the aperture pretty wide, which meant that if I wanted the eyes in focus, the snooters weren't.  

Needless to say, a lot of the photos looked the same, so when it came to post-processing, I played around with presets, because, well, they are there.

However, I kept some more 'natural', that is minimal processing.









And on to the presets....

 



And because I knew the eyes would all be in focus (or close to in focus) and the snooters wouldn't be, I specifically made sure I got a shot where the snooter was in focus and the eyes weren't.  Oh, and for the record, I think this is a fine example of me showing my understanding of aperture and depth of field!


Day 341/365.

1 comment:

  1. BOL! At least you didn't bang your head on concrete!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    PS - For anyone in Blogville who needs a dating service, Ruby is open for Yente services! http://www.rubytheairedalepup.com/2014/12/yente-services-now-open.html

    ReplyDelete