Sunday, December 21, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Actually, I'm not.  I'd really like the cross-country ski track to get some snow so we can start skiing, and it would be nice to have some snow for the girls, but it would be nice if it only snowed on the grass, and left our driveway and the roads perfectly dry.  Yes, I still believe in Santa Claus, unicorns, elves, the Laundry Fairy, the wee folk and house spirits. Why do you ask?

Anyhoo, since the Laundry Fairy has yet to visit my house, and elves don't seem to shovel our driveway in the night, I guess I'll have to live with snow that falls on the roads and the driveway as well as the grass...

Luckily, the girls really like snow, and so our Donner Party expedition this morning didn't result in anypup being turned into rump roast.




Shortly after the Donner Party returned, it started raining. No, really, raining.  For what it's worth, I don't recall Bing Crosby singing about rain....

Anyhoo, the elves still hadn't cleared the driveway by the time it started raining in earnest, and Gary had the task of clearing the mush off the driveway.

This is NOT the 'greatest snow on earth'.  Just saying...
And for any of you who have questioned my comments about our driveway being a ski jump and/or luge run, I'm standing at the top of the driveway.  That yellow blob in the center of the picture is Gary on the ATV.  The curb on the left side of the driveway should give you some idea of the angle of descent of the driveway.



Day 356/365.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is some snow! Glad no one got eaten on your morning excursion--those walks that don't end in starvation and canniballism (or dogibalism) are the best!

    ReplyDelete