Day 137
I was busy finishing up the animal shelter photos, so another compressed set of days. Of course, yesterday really only yielded one not-very-good photo of one of our neighborhood hawks.
Not a very good photo (still working out how to get the camera steady when fully zoomed out), but the thing I like about it is that I actually managed to see the hawk perched up in the tree (I should have gotten a non-zoomed in photo so you could see how far away the hawk was). One of the reasons I wanted a super-zoom camera was to get back to the 'mindfulness' of the walk - looking around and actually seeing things rather than just being caught up in my own head. I might not have the best photo of the hawk, but the fact that I saw him and wasn't just thinking about what I had to do at work is a big win! So, I'll take this photo.
Day 138
More birds because, well, see above. Looking for birds and hoping I get the camera out of my pocket and turned on and zoomed in before they fly off is vastly more entertaining than going through my to-do list in my head for the n-th time. And, there is the challenge of trying to actually get the birds in focus...





No comments:
Post a Comment