Thursday, May 27, 2021

Project 365 - Day 147

Back at the animal shelter!  Today they only had 10 dogs, including a 3 month old puppy (I'll be surprised if he isn't adopted by tomorrow afternoon), and some seniors.  As always, it was great fun and it always lifts my spirits, and gives me a sense of purpose.  Only a few of the dogs - I'll post a couple more tomorrow.


This is Ben, the puppy.  Silly, cuddly, and very puppy-like.  Always a good way to start!





This is Buddy.  Don't fret about him; there is a special needs rescue that is already arranging a foster home for him.  Buddy, however, convinced me to bite the bullet and buy a ring light (just because the LED can be quite bright but won't completely blind the staff who are facing the lights).  Partially blind dogs (and seniors, and dogs who get spooked by thunder and lighting, and just nervous dogs) don't really like the flash of the strobe, and I've been thinking about getting some continuous lighting that I could use at the shelter and also for photos when Gary and the band is playing at the house.  Buddy was not a fan of the strobe, so he was the one who pushed me to get some continuous lighting to use at the shelter.  Thanks, Buddy!


And this is Pawla Deen (yep, that's the name they gave her).  She did better than the shelter staff expected (she was a little nervous) and so I didn't push it with too many photos (another dog who might have benefitted from continuous lighting rather than a strobe).  But she was such a sweetie!



Another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment