Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Project 365 - Day 131

I spent a little more time playing around with the Nikon A1000.  I am definitely sending the Canon back (it's too soft when the lens is extended all/most of the way out, and I really hate not being able to shoot in RAW) , and I think when I get the Nikon figured out, it will be a good dog-walking camera. I've still got to figure out how to actually hold the photo to get it in focus when I've zoomed in on something, and clearly I need to fix the crop ratio (just now realized it's at 4:3, rather than 3:2), but for photographing mooses on hillsides, and birds, and marmots, and things, I think this will work well.  (Alas, there were no mooses or marmots today.)



Father-daughter photo.

I didn't have the steadiest hand here (I blame Lucy-Fur, although it really was operator-error!)

My road photo - so I could compare it to the Canon. This is much sharper.

This one is sharper than the first bird photo.  This was fully zoomed out.  (Zoomed in? Whatever. The lens was fully extended.)

Pine bough.

Dorkadoodle.

Frisbee that was buried under the snow, and apparently was quite tasty/made good nest lining for the rodents of the yard.

I think this one is a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment