Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Little of This, A Little of That

I think it is safe to say that all my photos fall into one of two categories: Dogs and Everything Else.  Today I managed to actually get some 'everything else' in addition to photos of the girls.

We went out to the Great Salt Lake State Marina today for a bike ride (this time of year, Salt Lake can be pleasant while it is cool and windy in Park City -it's also nice to start off the season someplace flat, and pretty much the only completely flat roads can be found out by the Great Salt Lake), and while I thought maybe I *should* bring my camera along, I ultimately didn't.  

I did have my phone, however, which has a surprisingly good camera in it (part of why I got the phone, actually), so all was not lost.   But it would be nice to go out there again with a good camera and get some shots of the marina, and the lake, and the boats, and stuff that I just don't see in Park City.  But here is one of the shots I managed to get today.

Had I had the time, it would have been fun to play around with the reflections in the water.  Next time!
The morning in Park City was mostly sunny (and our remaining snow pack is quickly vanishing) and the girls and I got in some Quality Frisbee Time.  When it is this bright out, it's a challenge to not get the photos over-exposed; even at 1/4000 shutter speed, the shutter priority setting leaves the photos pretty bright.  I think I might have to go back to the manual setting for conditions like this!



And finally, with St. Patrick's Day almost upon us, I got a couple of cheap props from Walmart (looking at photos of seriously crazy dog lady photographers, my 'seasonal wear for dogs' is a bit thin....).   From the following photos, I think it is safe to assume that that girls have 1) never heard of St. Patrick, 2) don't care whether there are snakes in Ireland or not, and 3) really aren't in the holiday spirit (it's a good thing we don't live in Boston!)

"Where is the pot of bacon we've been promised?"

"Fi, doesn't Mom get that we really aren't into this whole wearing of the green thing?"  "Look more pathetic and maybe she'll get the hint."

"How much longer must I remain patient?"

Fi, is this pathetic enough?  *sigh*
Ah well.  It gave me a chance to continue to work on using two flashes, and the girls WERE well-rewarded for their time and humiliation.

So this is where Mom has the bribes!  She won't notice if I 'sample' a few more....
Day 75/365.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how fast digital technology is moving. I no longer bother with my real camera except for video because my phone does a better job.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete